NATIONAL ORTHOPAEDIC HOSPITAL, DALA-KANO.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POST OF MEDICAL DIRECTOR
The National Orthopaedic Hospital Dala-Kano established 61 years ago, is a three hundred and One (301) bedded Hospital, purposely built to provide Orthopaedic and Trauma Care service, which presently serves three (3) out of the six (6) Geopolitical Zones as its primary catchment area. It has continued to expand in the scope of its services, infrastructure and human resources.
To be the foremost in the delivery of effective, efficient and quality care and specialist training in Orthopaedics, Trauma and related fields in Nigeria.
To reduce morbidity and mortality due to Trauma and Orthopaedic conditions through provision of qualitative care, research and training of relevant health personnel.
In striving to realise these Vision and Mission, the Board of Management of the Hospital developed a strategic and master-plan for infrastructural development. The Hospital has gone far towards attaining its vision of being foremost in its field. It offers the following among other specialised procedures as a matter of routine: –
- Joint replacement for Hip, Knee and shoulder
- Instrumented spine surgery
- Spinal Deformity corrections
- Limb Reconstruction and Lengthening
- Arthroscopy (both Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Bone tumour surgery
- Microvascular surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeries
- Dental and maxillofacial surgery
The Hospital is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the post of Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Hospital which will soon become vacant.
The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility of day to day running of the hospital, implementing government policies and effecting overall management of the Hospital to deliver on its mandate. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of State for Health.
1.QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Be medically qualified and registered as such for a period of not less than twelve (12) years.
- Shall be a Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African College of Surgeons.
- Should have been in employment as a Consultant for a minimum of five (5) years in a Federal Tertiary Hospital in Nigeria.
- Scholarly presentations, knowledge of ICT and previous administrative experiences are added advantages.
- CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The condition of service shall be as provided for the Chief Executive of Federal Agencies as contained in the relevant rules and circulars.
- TENURE OF OFFICE
The appointment is for a term of four (4) years in the first instance, and is renewable at the discretion of the Federal Government subject to satisfactory performance.
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application should be submitted in ten (10) copies with;
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae with the names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom should be current employer.
- Copies of relevant credentials.
- Candidates should request their referees to submit confidential reports on them and send directly to the Medical Director in an envelope marked “Confidential”.
- Candidates to also submit a 500 worded document on their vision and plan for the institution.
The application should be submitted in a sealed envelope, marked “Application for the post of Medical Director, NOH-Dala” at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
The Medical Director,
National Orthopaedic Hospital,
Submission of applications will close six weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview to be conducted shortly after the expiration of the advert. More information on the Hospital can be obtained from the Hospital website email@example.com
Director of Administration/Secretary to the Board
For: Board Chairman