BPP ADVERT FOR MARCH 2021
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR EXECUTION OF PROJECTS UNDER THE 2021 CAPITAL APPROPRIATION
In compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Hospital hereby invites tenders from reputable contractors/suppliers with proven track record to submit technical and financial bids for the following projects:
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION (WORKS AND SUPPLIES)
- SCOPE OF WORKS:
LOT 1a: Construction of General Out Patient Department (GOPD)
LOT 1b: Construction of Internal Access Road Phase III
LOT 1c: Construction of School Demonstration Area
LOT 1d: Expansion of Students’ Hostel
LOT 1e: Renovation/ Expansion of Accident &Emergency Unit
- SCOPE OF SUPPLIES:
LOT 2: SUPPLY OF MEDICAL EQUIPMENT (SME)
LOT 2a: Supply of Club Car Transporter Ambulance, infant incubator, Basic Hospital Beds, Bedside Lockers, Basic Drip Stands and Vacuum Cleaners
LOT 2b: Supply of Image Intensifier, High Speed Burrs, and Diathermy Machine
LOT2c: Supply of Complete Arthroscopy Tower and Complete Endoscopy Tower
LOT2d: Supply of Jackson Operating Table and General and Basic Spine Set Instruments
LOT 2e: Supply of Equipment for Rehabilitation Centre
LOT2f: Supply of Basic Liposuction Machine, Complete Illizarov Sets and Basic Instrument Set.
Lot 2g: Supply of Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Replacement Set and Complete Tumor Prosthesis Set
Lot 3: Supply of 500KVA Power Generating Set.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Intending contractors and suppliers must submit all the under listed verifiable documents and collect tender documents from the Hospital’s Procurement Unit
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultant and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any office of the relevant committees of the National Orthopaedic Hospital Dala or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s audited accounts for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company’s profile with Curriculum Vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional Qualifications.
- Category A; List of Plants/ Equipment with proof of ownership/lease
- Lot 3 ; Letter of Authorization from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Lot 2: Letter of Authorization from the Original Equipment Manufacturers listed in the Approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment for Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including letters of awards, Valuation Certificate, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letterhead paper bearing amongst others, the registration number (RC) as issued by the corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), and contact address, Telephone Number (Preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to obtain Tender Documents from Procurement Unit of the Hospital on presentation of non-refundable Tender Fee Receipt of N10,000.00 only per Lot. Bidders are to pay tender fees to the National Orthopaedic Hospital Dala’s REMITA account at any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Technical and financial bids must be prepared as separate documents packaged in sealed envelopes, clearly marked and packaged in a SINGLE (bigger) envelope with the project title and lot number written on the right topmost part of the envelope and addressed to: The Medical Director, National Orthopaedic Hospital, P.M.B. 3087, Dala – Kano Nigeria, and deposited in the Tender Box provided in the office of the Medical Director not later than 11:00 a.m. on Monday 26th April, 2021.
- OPENING OF TECHNICAL BIDS
Only the Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 11:00 a.m. on Monday 26th April, 2021, in the Hospital’s Board Room, 2nd Floor Administration Block. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register, as the Hospital will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For more information, visit: www.nohdkano.gov.ng
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- All tender documents must be signed by authorized official of the company and any false information therein will result in rejection
- All items on a lot must be quoted for.
- Suppliers can only bid for not more than two (2) lots from each of lot 1 and 2
- Bid must be in English Language.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for the submission will be returned un-opened.
- All cost will be borne by the bidders.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- The National Orthopaedic Hospital Dala is not bound to prequalify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.